I still can't believe that I have not worked for the past five months. After leaving Idea, I decided to take at the most a month off of work (seemed like a LONG time) to rest and spend some time with my baby son, who I had hardly seen since he was born.
Then I spent three solid weeks with Luca, fell in love with him, and nothing has been the same since.
It has been such an adjustment for me as I really didn't realize how little outside of work I had in my life. Leaving Idea was so incredibly hard and I miss so many people there but I realized that while they worked there, they all managed to have a personal life as well, and I somehow had not been able to do the same.
Even doing simple things like grocery shopping or putting gas in my car was a totally new experience. Taking care of a one year old child for the first time was unbelieveably hard and unbelieveably rewarding.
